Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Chaos Group experts will send you a customized quote.
Phoenix FD 2.2 Academic for 3ds Max
1 year License
Required USB Dongle Not Included
Simulate fire, smoke, explosions and liquidsPhoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max Required USB Dongle Not Included
is a powerful tool for fluid simulations. Aimed to meet the needs of VFX
artist to simulate fire, smoke, explosions as well as liquids, foam
and splashes, it has now become universal simulation software for every production house. Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max
proves to be reliable, fast, and seamlessly integrated into 3ds Max
. Offers exceptional flexibility and speed. With an adaptive grid, complete interactivity, a GPU
accelerated preview and a fully multi-threaded displacement algorithm it
stands out as one of the top solutions for fluid simulations in the visual effects industry. Now, Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max
adds the capability to generate and drag
particles based on current simulations. This allows the user to add even finer detail to all types of simulations without the need to increase the
- Flip Solver
- Fast & realistic liquid simulations.
- Quick Presets
- New toolbar with presets for fire, smoke and liquid simulations.
- Fast Volume Rendering
- Optimized volume rendering with accurate lighting and global illumination.
- Improved Fire & Smoke Solver
- Create realistic smoke and fire with natural rolling motion and fine details without increasing resolution.
- New Forces
- Influence simulations with forces like wind, spline follow, mesh attraction and more.
- Accurate Viewport Preview
- Preview fire, smoke and liquid simulations quickly and accurately in the viewport.
- Liquid, Splashes & Foam
- Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max With Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max you can create realistic liquid simulations with splashes and foam directly in 3ds Max.
- Fire, Smoke & Explosions
- Create any type of fire and smoke effects with Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max's powerful, adaptive-grid dynamics engine.
- Interactive Simulations
- Fine-tune simulations interactively in the viewport with Phoenix FD 3.0 for 3ds Max's GPU-accelerated preview.
- Refine Exsisting Simulations
- Add detail and increase resolution without changing simulation shape or behavior.
- Simulation Retiming
- Speed up or slow down simulation playback. Perfect for slow motion effects.
- Cascade Simulations
- Create a series of simulations that trigger and interact with each other.
- Custom Emissions Sources
- Use a wide range of emission sources including animated meshes, texture maps, particles and more.
- Simulate highly-realistic and complex vorticity effects with full control over large-scale vortex strength and ultra fine details.
- Perfect for generating small wisps of smoke and steam.
- Render particles as bubbles, drops, points, or fog.
- Mash & Particles IO
- Import & export mesh objects and particles to Alembic, Krakatoa, Stoke MX, XMesh and V-Ray proxy files.
- Ocean and Beach Waves
- Seamlessly transition from procedural ocean to simulated beach waves.
- Infinite Ocean
- Seamlessly transition from detailed ocean surface simulations to infinite ocean waves (that never repeat.)
- Optimized Rendering
- Render photoreal fluids and volumetric effects using V-Ray's optimized Phoenix FD shader.
Educational License Features
Phoenix FD 2.2 Academic for 3ds Max 1 year License
by Chaos Group
Simulate fire, smoke, explosions and liquids with this powerful simulation tool.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of Phoenix FD 2.2 Academic for 3ds Max — 1 year License — Required USB Dongle Not Included
Chaos GroupV-Ray USB dongleA USB dongle can be shared among all V-ray products as long as they are on the same computerThis item cannot be purchased separately.1607
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider