Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Chaos Group experts will send you a customized quote.
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max
15-license starter pack 1-yr Edu Lic
Required USB Dongle Not Included
Advanced Ray-Tracing for 3ds MaxV-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max 15-license starter pack 1-yr Edu Lic
is the core development of Chaos Group, which allows users to quickly and easily create realistic images while giving them full control over the
3D production process.
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max
is the most complete lighting, shading and rendering toolkit on the market, making speed and simplicity accessible to all artists. The latest
version delivers powerful feature set, technical advances and support for open source technologies.
New in this release
- New V-Ray Denoiser
- Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50% with the new V-Ray Denoiser. V-Ray's denoising technology is non-destructive,
giving you the original render and the denoised version for even more control in post. Denoising can be used progressively while rendering or after
rendering, with support for animation and enhanced blending between frames with the standalone denoiser tool.
- Works with 3ds Max 2017
- V-Ray 3.4 adds support for 3ds Max 2017 including initial support for the new Physical Material and HiDPI scaling of the V-Ray
Frame Buffer. V-Ray RT now supports MultiTile and ColorMap.
- GPU rendering improvements
- Supports bump maps with procedural noise
- Supports orthographic cameras
- Track GPU memory usage directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer
- Aerial Perspective
- Control the color of atmospheric haze
- VR cameras
- Now with support for top/bottom VR output
- Faster Global Illumination
- V-Ray Light Cache calculations are up to 15% faster
- V-Ray RT improvements
- Update render regions without restarting the render
- Improved GTR/ GGX
- Improved performance and no "fireflies" when using GTR/GGX materials
- V-Ray Frame Buffer updates
- Added option to automatically save completed images only to render history
- Added option to keep the VFB history folder relative to project path
- VR Cameras
- Two new VR Camera types to render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images for VR headsets such as
Oculus and Samsung Gear VR.
- Simplified User Interface
- V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max introduces a simplified User Interface and includes 3 modes: Basic, Advanced, and Expert. Modes can be toggled at any time to reveal
additional controls. The default, Basic mode is designed to meet the needs of most artists' daily production work.
- New Skin Shader
- A dedicated, intuitive Skin shader with layered specular highlights will make it easier than ever for artists to create complex, layered
- Probabilistic Lights
- Increases the speed of scenes with a high number of lights. Probabilistic Light Sampling reduces the number of lights evaluated at render
- Progressive Rendering
- The new Progressive Production Renderer is built on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive solution
for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements,
- Faster Ray Tracing
- V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max introduces a significantly optimized ray tracing core to speed up calculations for Brute Force GI, Progressive Path Tracing,
Reflections, Refractions, and more. Depending on scene complexity, users are reporting speed increases up to 5X.
- Quick Settings
- Quick Settings provide artists with production-ready presets and simple rendering quality controls all within a single compact interface.
- Advanced V-Ray Frame Buffer
- Consistent color output is essential to artists' workflows. V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max has been expanded to utilize a variety of color definitions including LUTs
(.cube), ICC Profiles (.icc), and OpenColorIO (.ocio). By default V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max is set up for linear workflow, making it easier to ensure reliable, accurate
- Render Mask
- Render Mask uses an object selection, include/ exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- Faster Hair
- V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max introduces faster hair rendering speeds (up to 15x) and view-dependent tessellation that automatically smoothes hair curves.
- Ray Traced SSS
- Improved Subsurface Scattering is offered, including options for object-based and ray traced illumination.
- Max Ray Intensity
- Max Ray Intensity clamps secondary rays to remove noise generated by very bright sources. This removes artifacts while retaining dynamic
- VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use across multiple applications. For example a VRmat material may be created in
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max and transferred directly to V-Ray for Maya.
This is a Multiple License of
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider