Powerful 3D Modeling, Rendering, and Animation Software for the Mac.
is the amazingly powerful 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software for Apple Mac OS X. Cheetah3D 6.3.2
packs a terrific punch for it's tiny price, and includes the most useful features in a powerful and elegant user interface that's simple to learn and quick to work with. In fact, the program provides a level of productivity that you will be hard-pressed to equal in software ten times the cost!
New in This Version
- Supports Gatekeeper v2 signatures
- Improved file exchange compatibility with other 3D apps
- Fixed bug in Vec3D::dot() function
- Fixed bug in 3DS camera import
- Fixed bug with layered FBX textures
- Fixed bug with inconsistent usage of color spaces
- Fixed bug in rotate along normal tool
- Fixed bug with hotkey assignment
- Fixed bug in SVG import
- Fixed performance bug when moving parametric objects
- Fixed bug when closing document windows on Yosemite
- Fixed crashing HDRI bug
- Increased FOV rang
Built for Mac OS X
- Lean and Elegant User Interface
- Most 3D modellers on the market offer their own unique way of working.
Switching between them can be like learning a new language, since their interfaces are often rather complex.
Cheetah3D 6.3.2 provides the most useful features you need to get the job done, and organizes them within a beautifully elegant user interface that's powerful, intuitive and quick to work with. Performing truly advanced operations in Cheetah3D 6.3.2 will seem like second nature very rapidly.
- Seamless Mac OS X Integration
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 has been written from the group up for Mac OS X using Cocoa. It's not just a simple port of a Windows or Linux modeller which ends up looking, feeling, and behaving like a disappointingly un-Mac-like piece of software. With Cheetah3D 6.3.2, you will feel right at home using it without having to learn a completely new user interface.
Cheetah3D 6.3.2 also supports the latest hardware innovations on the Mac platform, like the new Intel Macs or the trend toward multiple-processor machines. With Cheetah3D 6.3.2, from the moment you start the program, you are ready to leverage the full potential of your new Intel Mac.
- Polygon Modelling
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 provides a comprehensive set of polygon modelling tools, including advanced features like boolean operations and surface subdivision. Models are arranged in a scene graph (with a complete transformation stack), allowing you to configure your mesh modifiers and objects using simple drag and drop. Models further down the scene graph remain editable with all their parameters intact.
- Spline Modelling
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 also offers powerful spline modelling tools, including spline extrude, lathe and sweep. These tools are needed if you want to create a 3D logo from a Bezier path, for example. Due to the native support of the PDF and SVG vector file format, you can easily move your 2D vector paintings from almost any Mac OS X drawing application into Cheetah3D 6.3.2, and then transform them into nicely animated 3D logos. All it takes is a few mouse clicks.
- UV Editor
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 offers a powerful new UV editor that supports auto-highlighting. Selecting, moving, scaling and rotating UV coordinates is now pure pleasure within Cheetah3D 6.3.2! During editing, you can see your changes updated live in the 3D preview. Classical UV mapping (like cube mapping, cylindrical mapping and so on) is of course still available.
- UV Unwrapping
- Assigning UV coordinates to complex meshes (such as human figures) can be a painful experience in other 3D programs. But with the new UV unwrapping tool included with Cheetah3D 6.3.2, assigning UV coordinates to even the most complex objects can be achieved with just a few mouse clicks.
- Texture Painting
- After you've assigned UV coordinates to your objects, you can start painting the textures right into Cheetah3D 6.3.2. Cheetah3D provides a variety of different brushes, as well as support for pressure sensitive graphic tablets, and rect, line and circle tools, etc. You can even paint with textures if you wish, rather than just solid colors. And best of all, you can see all your changes updated live within the OpenGL 3D preview.
- Sleek Animation Tools
- With Cheetah3D 6.3.2, you can also animate your 3D scenes without any problems. A user friendly timeline with a powerful Key and F-Curve Editor allows even 3D novices to create simply stunning animations. Almost every object, tag, and material parameter can be animated!
- Character Animation
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 offers a full set of joint based character animation tool. Just create a skeleton with the new joint tool and bind it to a character. Now you can already start to create your first character animation. The Pose Manager will hereby support you during the creation of an animation by allowing you to record often used poses. The Take Manager especially makes the creation of game assets easier. For example you can record various takes (animation clips) of walk, run, or jump cycle of a game character. You can also export or import character animations from the widely used FBX file format.
- Morph Targets
- Morph targets are a technique to morph between many different polygon meshes. For example you create a happy and a sad face (morph target). Now you can smoothly animate the face from happy to sad. But you are of course not limited to two morph targets. You can create as many as you want and mix them to create new facial expressions. Morph targets can be also used for creating muscle animation such as pumping biceps when arms bend.
- Fully Integrated Raytracer
- Cheetah3D 6.3.2 offers a fully integrated multi-threaded raytracer with support for radiosity, caustics, HDRI backgrounds, ambient occlusion, anisotropic texture filtering, bump mapping, environment mapping, reflections, refractions, soft shadows, and more. Photorealistic renderings are just a mouse click away.
- Powerful Render Manager
- The render manager in Cheetah3D 6.3.2 allows you to monitor all running rendering jobs. It also allows you to compare the last rendering result with your previous renders, so you can easily determine whether the changes you've made to a scene or light setup have worked properly.
- Support of the EPIX File Format
- With Cheetah3D 6.3.2, you can save your rendered images directly to the EPIX file format (including depth and material layer data). Later on, you can use Piranesi to quickly paint in textures, trees, cars, humans and other scenery with automatic perspective and masking.
Major New Features in Version 6.3.1
- Updated to FBX SDK 2014.2.1
- Fixed bug in sky light (geometry couldn't be turned off)
- Fixed bug in render manager when displaying movies
- Fixed performance bug when rendering very simple scenes
- Fixed crashing bug when copy and pasting particle systems
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider