HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License
Provides real-time HDRI map creation and editing with leading 3D software. Includes 1 Year Maintenance.
HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License
provides a fast and precise way to light a 3D model. The lighting design is saved as a high dynamic range, high resolution image that can be used in
New in version 5.3
- Area Light
- Lights in HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License with 3D mapping can now be promoted to become Area Lights in 3D space. The first Connection to support this new feature is the Maya Connection. The updated Maya Connection supports live HDRI map and Area Light creation with renderers: Mental Ray, Arnold, V-Ray, Maxwell, Redshift, Octane, Renderman (RIS) and iRay for Maya. (Renderman (RIS) is currently supported on Windows and Linux only.)
- Convert to Uber Light
- There is a new menu command that can be used to convert any selected light into an Uber Light. For example, the user may place a Picture Light from the tool bar, and decide they want to add an alpha to the image. This is only possible when using the Uber Light, therefore using 'Edit > Convert to UberLight' allows the light to preserve all of the light's settings, and gain the flexibility of being an Uber Light with more properties available to change.
- Render View - Continuous Updates
- Users can drag lights using LightPaint on the Render View, and experience continuous updates to the Canvas and Render View.
New Area Lights can also be moved, scaled and rotated with continuous updates in the Render View.
- Aspect Ratio on Images
- New button in image content, to adjust the height of the light to match the image's aspect ratio.
- License Management Panel
- Users can now easily see what licenses they have installed and when they will expire. The new License Management panel displays both main app and connection licenses, their type, expiry date (days left), plus the last build date that the licenses will run.
- New Compatibility
- Maya, iRay for Maya, MODO 902, SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2016
- Canvas view has been flipped horizontally, so the user is now looking at the HDRI map from world origin. Therefore when area lights are added, the Canvas is an accurate view of the lighting scene from the world origin viewpoint.
- User Interface
- Keyboard shortcuts are now displayed in menu commands where possible. Example: Edit > Undo Ctrl + Z.
- Render View
- Support for specifying the fresnel as an IOR.
- Display LUT is active during camera moves.
- 3d scene file slot, and the background image file slot both support dragging and dropping files from the OS.
- Performance has been improved when moving the camera.
- New Fit Scene to View button for Freecam mode.
- The time in the Render View is now specified as a frame number, which is more useful for a 3D artist than the seconds that are embedded in an Alembic file. Therefore we have now added a FPS setting in the Render View, so the user can input the frame rate for the shot.
- Added Tilt Camera Tool for Freecam mode.
- Render Settings
- New roughness setting for the reflection roughness/glossiness value
- Added checkbox for toggling floor plane on and off.
- Production Render
- New optional settings for the additional output of Thumbnail PNGs for lights, Render View PNG, and a Saved HDR Light Studio Project File.
- Light Controls
- New keyboard controls to change the sensitivity when dragging.
- New Smart Dolly button, click and drag and Smart Dolly selected area light.
- Procedural Lights
- Ideal for studio lighting, HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License has a range of synthetic lights that can be combined to produce complex lighting designs. These procedural
lights come in a variety of shapes and types - round, square, hexagon. Dark lights are used to subtract light. Gradient lights give ramped illumination.
- Image Lights
- Load your own environment maps as a base for your lighting design. Add your own high dynamic range images to provide additional lighting or
select from our preset lights. Choose from three projection mappings - 3D, canvas or spherical - when placing your lights. Use mattes to shape the
illumination with HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License's Gobo lights.
- HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License ships with many high dynamic range images of real lights - softboxes, reflectors, flourescent strip lights, incandescent bulbs and more.
- Render View
- HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License includes a very fast renderer optimized to help you light models rather than render your final image. You can place lights just by
clicking on where you'd like it to reflect in the model. Alembic, FBX, COLLADA, OBJ and MI formats supported.
- Blend Modes
- Use blend modes to adjust the color of all or parts of the canvas. Add, subtract, multiply, over, clamp, color, saturation and hue blend
modes are supported.
Full Feature List
- Professional lighting software for creating HDRI maps for image based lighting
- Add, move and edit lights on a lat-long rectangular canvas.
- Lights displayed on the canvas are distorted automatically so that they appear undistorted when projected using a 3D spherical environment
map. Three projection types are included for content placed on the canvas: Planar, 3D (Lat-Long), Spherical.
- Procedural and image based lighting content - including procedural sky.
- Load BMP, Cineon, HDR, IFF, JPG, OpenEXR, PNG, PSD, Targa, Tiff files as lighting content. For large image files, converting to a mip-mapped
image format before loading significantly increases performance.
- Over one hundred high resolution, high dynamic range images of spotlights, softboxes, umbrellas and other light sources are included with
HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License. These can be dragged from the presets panel and dropped onto the 3D model, canvas or light list.
- Blend modes determine how the lights are composited. Add, Multiply, Over, Low Pass, Color, Saturation, Hue, Amplify are included.
- Variable sized canvas can be zoomed and panned for precision lighting.
- Our patented "LightPaint" technology enables you to position lights accurately on the environment map by clicking where you'd like the
lighting effect on the 3D model. Rim mode allows quick positioning of light behind your model. This approach removes much of the trial and error of
traditional lighting setups.
- Lights are managed in a list and can be switched off, soloed, re-ordered and locked. The position in the list determines the order in which
the lights are composited on the HDR canvas.
- Toolbars provide quick access to all light types: Round Light, Rect Light, Hex Light, Gradient Light, Picture Light, Dark Light, Sun Shade,
Gradient Background, Picture Background, Sky Background and the Uber Light. Uber Light is a flexible multi-purpose light with additional Alpha controls.
- Frequently used light parameters (brightness, scale, rotation) can be adjusted using a dragable area of the interface.
- 3D models are rendered and displayed in the Render View window. An optimised renderer is used to provide an instant preview of your lighting
design as you add, move, edit and delete lights, or change the surface characteristics of your model. There are options to render with a shadow catcher
floor and display a solid color, flat image or the environment map in the background of your shot.
- Supported 3D model formats: Collada, Mental Images, OBJ, Alembic (time support in seconds) and FBX (Windows only).
- Flexible user interface with panels that can be docked, undocked, tabbed, resized and hidden. Includes a range of useful interface layouts.
- Canvas pixel probe provides RGBA and HSV values.
- Canvas exposure control.
- Canvas channel controls to view HSVA, HSV, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo.
- Optional plug-in connections are available to buy that link HDR Light Studio to your 3D software. These connections seamlessly push the model
to HDR Light Studio and pull the environment map back into the 3D application without having to import/export via the filesystem. Connections also allow
you to view each of your lighting changes both in HDR Light Studio's optimised renderer and in your 3D app's final renderer.
- Supported connections include: 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, MODO, LightWave3D. (Coming soon to Houdini,
Bunkspeed, VRED, Maxwell Studio, Rhino 3D)
- Industry standard OpenColorIO color management.
- Save lighting as HDR file or OpenEXR file (version 2) with Mip Mapping option.
- HDR Light Studio is built for 64bit editions of Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Easily unlock the product using activation codes, built on industry standard RLM license keys.
- Nodelocked and floating licenses available.
This Product is Also Known As
In order to work properly, your copy of HDR Light Studio 5.3 - License
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought