Moments of Inspiration: 3D NURBS Modeling for Designers and Artists
Powerful, accurate, yet easy to use! MoI 3
's sleek intuitive UI blends a fluid easy workflow with powerful tools, making it the perfect choice for
anyone who has been frustrated with the complexity of existing CAD tools.
, created by Michael Gibson, is also a fantastic complementary tool for a polygon-based artist since its CAD toolset and advanced boolean
functions enable extremely rapid creation of mechanical or man-made type "hard surface" models. The icing on the cake is MoI 3
's unique polygon mesh
export that generates exceptionally clean and crisp N-Gon polygon meshes from CAD NURBS
New in This Version
- New Transform > Deform > Flow deformation tool for warping and bending shapes from one backbone curve or surface to another
- New Transform > Deform > Twist command for twisting objects around an axis line
- New options for Extrude, Extrude to point and Extrude tapered
- New NSided hole filling command
- Loft can now start and/or end in a point object
- Variable radius fillets - Hidden line removal
- Face extrusion auto booleans - made face sub-object selections automatically boolean the extruded piece with the base object
- Boolean subset operations
- Support for DXF format import and export
- PDF import totally overhauled and much more robust than in version 2. PDF also added as an export format.
- Multiple CPU cores are now used in the draw engine, typical display speed-up of around 2x to 3x on complex models.
- New functions for isocurves - create isocurves under Construct > Curve > Iso, and a new "Isocurve" option for the Trim command when
trimming a single surface.
- Major overhaul to the Network command to fix bugs and implement new options for making lighter surfaces
- Improvements to the Blend command
- New "Bounding box center" button for Transform > Move, Copy, Scale, and Scale1D commands
- Improved surface quality for closed fillets, blends, and sweep for smooth closed surfaces
- New selection indicator dot and selection filtering methods for the Scene Browser
- Multitouch view navigation, use multitouch gestures (pinch or drag fingers) to do zoom/pan/rotate view manipulations
- Add control points to surfaces - Edit > Add pt can now work with surfaces in addition to curves
- Translator solution
- MoI 3 excels as a file translator from CAD type formats into polygon formats. Attractive to artists using a polygon /
DCC type tool that handles multi-sided polygons (n-gons - such as Cinema 4D and Modo), MoI 3 shines by
allowing for example the file conversion from Rhino 3D into Cinema 4D, instead of the direct export from Rhino (which can only
export triangles and quads, not n-gons).
- Learn CAD quickly and easily
- New users find learning MoI 3 easy, and regular users love the how MoI 3 works flawlessly, handling difficult blends and fillets with ease.
- More choices for digital artists
- Digital artists who primarily work in a DCC type tool but need to occasionally build mechanical or industrial
type parts where Booleans would work best choose MoI 3 as a companion modeling tool. With it's small learning curve,
artists can soon enjoy the freedom of using a toolset that works better for mechanical style shapes than poly tool sets. MoI 3 thus also works well as a
general industrial design tool, or for architects for non-standard building designs.
- Pen-tablet friendly user interface.
- MoI 3 features a unique user interface that integrates particularly well with a pen tablet. Unlike most programs, you don't have to
constantly tap the Shift, Alt, or Control keys, so you don't have to hover over the keyboard when using MoI 3. Also, as right-clicking tends to be
awkward with a pen, MoI 3 provides simple left-click methods for view manipulation functions that require right-clicking in other CAD programs.
- High quality display on inexpensive cards.
- MoI 3 displays gorgeous anti-aliased curves even on low-end "gaming" video cards.
This Product is Also Known As
Moments of Inspiration
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider