formZ 8.5 Pro
The award-winning general purpose solid and surface modeler
formZ 8.5 Pro
is an award winning general purpose solid and surface modeler with an extensive set of 2D and 3D form manipulating and sculpting capabilities, many
of which are unique. It is an effective design tool for architects, landscape architects, urban designers, engineers, animators and illustrators,
industrial and interior designers, and all design fields that deal with the articulation of 3D spaces and forms. formZ 8.5 Pro
is highly responsive to the needs of
mature designers and, at the same time, novices can use it with ease.
formZ 8.5 Pro
highly interactive graphic interface with associated multiple windows, tear off tool palettes, virtually unlimited and selectively applied Undo/Redo
operations, customizable key shortcuts for all the operations, simultaneously available prepick and postpick modes, and integrated 2D/3D operations
allows you to work in either 2D or directly in 3D space.
A full set of primitives can be generated through graphic or numeric input. Also dynamically generated 3D solids and 2D shapes include rectangles, n-
sided polygons, patterned polygons, circles, ellipses, arcs, free hand line drawings, a variety of splines, and double ("wall") lines.
Spherical objects, that include the complete set of Platonic solids, soccer balls, and lathed and geodesic spheres, can be generated both interactively
and through numeric input, and can also be scaled and stretched. A special type of spherical objects, metaballs, can also be generated and blended to
form highly organic shapes.
Terrain models can be generated as true 3D solids, trimmed to the shape of a site, from 2D contour lines. The four available types, mesh, triangulated
mesh, stepped, and triangulated contour models, can be freely combined to model rivers, roads, flat areas, and a variety of other topographies.
Objects can be meshed at any level of resolution. Meshes can be moved symmetrically according to a predefined profile, or they can be disturbed randomly
or according to a mathematical formula, such as a wave. Also, deformation operations can be applied to bend and twist meshed objects. Image based
displacements can be used to imprint a shape on both flat and already meshed surfaces.
Advanced rounding can be applied to both facetted and smooth parametric objects. It can be applied to vertices, edges, or both vertices and edges,
including concave vertices and sequences of edges called stitches. Surfaces can also be smoothly blended or fillets can be applied to their lines of
intersection. Draft angles can also be applied to surfaces of solids, to facilitate molding operations.
New in this version
formZ 8.5 Pro
introduces a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting forms
especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing formZ pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations to
make even more interesting forms. These new tools suite includes:
- The Voronoi diagram tool creates a formation of cells from a set of points.
- The Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, and Volume Scatter tool create formations by distributing copies of objects on or inside of
- The Parametric Map tool allows 2D objects to be mapped onto a surface or face of another object.
- The Wrap tool creates a new object from the 3D spatial boundary (or convex hull) of a set of objects or the 2D boundary of a planar
set of points.
- The Delaunay Triangulation tool creates robust triangulated meshes from a set of points on a surface or plane.
The formZ 8.5 Pro
Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new formZ 8.5 Pro
Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature including a
library of ready to use title blocks. Commonly used title block text can be auto filled from a user-defined dictionary.
formZ 8.5 Pro
includes an interface for the Augment reality app. With Augment, you can visualize your formZ models in real world settings, at real size, in real
time on OS X and Android mobile devices.
The Hidden Line rendering in formZ 8.5 Pro
has been improved to allow interactive view navigation and can optionally show hidden/back edges as dashed lines.
formZ 8.5 Pro
- ACIS r25 and (ASAT r25 file format) support for improved smooth modeling.
- Improved display performance for layout files and complex 3D model files.
- Enhancements to the Bend Along Path tool and Align/Distribute tools.
- Improved numeric input.
- New High Quality smoothing export option.
- A variety of improvements and enhancements throughout.
formZ 8.5 Pro in a nutshell
- An effective design tool for all the fields that deal with the articulation of 3D forms and spaces,
formZ 8.5 Pro facilitates the development and execution of projects from conception to complete detailed structures, animated, and automatically
- Design directly in 3D or in 2D, using numeric or interactive graphic input through either line or smooth shaded drawings (OpenGL),
slipping effortlessly back and forth among drafting, modeling, rendering, and animation.
- Grow a model from simple lines to complex surfaces or to true solids with a few quick clicks.
- Boolean solids to generate complex composite objects.
- Create curved surfaces from a variety of splines, including NURBS and Bezier/Coons patches.
- Dynamically sculpt and reshape objects using a variety of deformations to twist, bulge, or bend them, as you move seamlessly between 2D and
- Resize, stretch, extrude, lathe, sweep, project, unfold, deform, round objects in few simple steps
- Create mechanical or organic forms using metaformz, nurbz, patches, subdivisions, displacements, or skinning.
- Terrain models, Platonic solids, geodesic spheres, double line wall objects, stair cases, helixes, screws, and bolts are
at your fingertips.
- Add as many hierarchical layers as you need and work with floating point precision.
- Refine the design with double precision CAD accuracy to full structural detail for 3D visualization, for the production of 2D construction
drawings, 3D printing, rapid prototyping, and CNC milling.
- Scripting and plug-in capabilities allow further customization for individual needs.
- The interface is fully customizable.
- formZ 8.5 Pro MovieZ support dynamic methods for transforming and morphing 3D shapes and allow the production of both animated visualizations of scenes
and the capture of 3D shapes as they morph into other forms, introducing modeling methods that explore 3D forms significantly beyond traditional means.
- Information management of bills of materials and spreadsheet support for construction documents.
- Support for DWG and DXF to facilitate import/export to and from AutoCAD
- Extensive interoperability of formZ 8.5 Pro with other complementary applications through 20+ translators.
This Product is Also Known As
Support & Maintenance
New user licenses of formZ 8.5 Pro
come with four months of free technical support over the phone or e-mail directly from AutoDesSys
(4 months of Family Plan). Users have the option to subscribe to the Family Plan
, an annual maintenance plan that provides unlimited technical support and updates sent to you as they are released.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider