Revit Structure 2016
1-Year Term w/ Basic Support
The power of BIM for structural engineering.
Revit Structure 2016 Subscription
software improves the way structural engineers and drafters work.
Revit Structure 2016 Subscription
helps minimize repetitive modeling and drawing tasks as well as errors due to manual coordination between structural engineers, architects, and
Revit Structure 2016 Subscription
helps reduce time spent producing final construction drawings and helps increase the accuracy of documentation, improving overall project
deliverables for clients.
New Features in Revit Structure 2016 Subscription
- Dockable Window Framework
- Dock dialogs in a single window
- Rebar Placement Constraints Customization
- Gain control over rebar placement.
- Reinforcement Enhancements
- Get more rebar options when modeling
- Temporary View Templates
- Change view properties temporarily
- Point Cloud Improvements
- Improve appearance and controls of point clouds
- Parameter Variance for Groups
- Vary the value of parameters assigned to groups
- Non-Rectangular Crop Regions
- Crop non-rectangular model areas faster
- Split Elevations
- Easily manage elevation cut-line configuration
- Alternate Dimensions
- Automatically display dimension values.
- Improved Rebar Tagging
- Annotate multiple elements with a single tag
- Improved Positioning of Beams and Braces
- Define geometry and position for beams and braces
- Displaced Views
- Create displaced building design views.
- Design Visualization
- Capture design ideas in a photorealistic state.
- Reduce project costs with cloud-based rendering
- Smoother Coordination
- Because Revit Structure 2016 Subscription uses building information modeling (BIM), every view, drawing sheet, and schedule represents the same underlying database. As
project team members work on the same project, making inevitable and necessary
changes to the building structure, parametric change technology in Revit Structure 2016 Subscription automatically coordinates changes across all other representations of the project—
model views, drawing sheets, schedules, sections, plans, and details. The design and documentation stay coordinated, consistent, and complete.
- Bidirectional Associativity
- The building model and all of its views are part of the same information system. This means changes to any part of the structure need to be
made only once, maintaining consistency throughout the documentation set. For example, if the sheet scale changes, the software automatically resizes
annotations and graphics. If a structural member changes, any views that include the element are coordinated and updated automatically, including name
tags and other labels referring to the element properties.
- Collaboration with Architects
- Engineers working with architects using Revit Architecture software can experience the advantages of
BIM and share the same underlying building database. Creation of the structural model is faster with integrated Autodesk
Revit platform tools. With interference checking between structural and architectural objects, engineers can more quickly detect coordination problems
before sending drawings to the construction site.
- Collaboration with Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineers
- Structural engineers working with mechanical, electrical, or plumbing engineers using AutoCAD MEP software can improve design
coordination. Revit Structure 2016 Subscription users can export their structural model into AutoCAD MEP, where the MEP engineer can perform clash detection between pipes and
structural elements. Revit Structure 2016 Subscription can also import 3D duct and pipe objects from AutoCAD MEP into the structural model via ACIS solids to help detect
interferences visually. In addition, structural engineers who are working with MEP engineers using AutoCAD MEP software can take better advantage
of building information modeling.
Whether engineers are designing steel, cast-in-place concrete, precast concrete, masonry, or wood structures,
standard modeling objects in Revit Structure 2016 Subscription include walls, beam systems, columns, slabs, and foundations. Additional structural objects can be created as parametric
- Parametric Components
- Using Revit Structure 2016 Subscription, engineers can create many types of structural components, such as joist systems, beams, open web joists, trusses, and intelligent
wall families. No programming language is required to use parametric components, also known as families. The family editor contains all the data to
graphically represent an element in 2D and 3D at various levels of detail.
- Multiuser Collaboration
- Revit Structure 2016 Subscription enables multiple team members on the same network to work together on a model, while their work stays fully coordinated. A wide range of
collaboration modes provides more flexibility to better meet the project team’s workflow—from on-the-fly, simultaneous access to the shared model to
formal division of the project into discrete shared units or individually managed linked models.
- Design Options
- With Revit Structure 2016 Subscription, engineers can stay focused on structural engineering. The software enables users to explore design changes, develop and study
several design alternatives to make key design decisions, and more easily present multiple schematic designs to clients. Each option can be substituted
into the model for visualization and quantity takeoff to help team members and clients make more informed decisions.
- Leading Analysis and Design Integration
- Analytical models created with Revit Structure 2016 Subscription contain information such as loads, load combinations, member sizes, and release conditions. The analytical
model can be the entire building model, one wing of the building, or even a single structural frame. Engineers use selection filters with structural
boundary conditions to send substructures (such as a frame, floor, or wing of the building) to their analysis software without the need to send the
entire model. The creation of the analytical model uses engineering rules to produce a consistent analytical representation of the physical structure.
Engineers can override initial analytical settings and edit the analytical model before linking to structural analysis packages.Revit Structure 2016 Subscription can inspire
structural engineers to greater engineering insight: user-defined rules help the analytical models adjust their location to the analytical projection
planes of attached or adjacent structural elements. Engineers can automatically check analytical inconsistencies such as missing supports, global
instabilities, or framing anomalies before sending the model to structural analysis.
The analysis programs then return the design information and
dynamically update the physical model and documentation, minimizing many redundant, repetitive tasks such as modeling frames and shells in a variety of
- Automatic Sections and Elevations
- Creating sections and elevations in Revit Structure 2016 Subscription is more simple compared to traditional methods. Because views are just a different representation of
the entire building model, users get cuts faster throughout a structure. Use them at any time to work in the most appropriate view. When the construction
documents are ready to print, section tags and elevation symbols of the views that are not placed onto any drawing sheet are automatically hidden.
- Automatic Drawing Sheet References
- This functionality helps safeguard that no section, elevation, or callout references the wrong drawing or sheet and that all data and
graphics, details, schedules, drawings, and sheets in the drawing set are current and coordinated.
- Revit Structure 2016 Subscription allows callouts for typical details and for specific ones. Entire sheets of typical details can be created from scratch in Revit Structure 2016 Subscription using its
traditional 2D drafting tools.
Designers can also import DWG details from AutoCAD software and link them into Revit Structure 2016 Subscription, using the project browser to
Specific details come directly from the views of the model. These model-based details are completed with 2D parametric components
(metal deck, concrete masonry unit, anchor bolts in footings, fasteners, welded symbols, steel connection plates, concrete rebar, and more) and
annotations such as text and dimensions.
When the geometry gets complicated, Revit Structure 2016 Subscription offers 3D model-based details such as 3D representation of building
expansion joints, steel connections, rebar in concrete elements, and more.
- Help save time by creating schedules on demand, and update the model and views automatically simply by making a change in a schedule.
Schedule features include sorting, filtering, grouping, and counting as well as user-defined formulas.
Engineers and project managers can use
customized schedules to check the overall structural design. For example, they can schedule and review structural loads before integrating the model with
analysis software. If the load value needs to be changed, it can be modified in the schedule and automatically coordinated throughout the model.
Make better decisions, earlier in the design process by more accurately visualizing and analyzing structures, before they are built.
is an integrated process built on coordinated, reliable information about a project from design through
construction and into operations. By adopting BIM
, architects, engineers, contractors, and owners can more easily
create coordinated, digital design information and documentation; use that information to visualize, simulate, and analyze performance, appearance, and
cost; and reliably deliver the project faster, more economically, and with reduced environmental impact.
for structural engineers follows this same methodology for the entire structural engineering process, focusing on a
digital model that can be used for coordination with architects; mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers; and civil engineers that is integrated
with analysis, design, and construction documentation, and extending that digital model from design through fabrication and construction.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought