Model. Animate. Render. Create at the speed of thought.
is your starting point for creative exploration. Whether you're creating addictive real-time experiences, innovative product designs, compelling
advertising images, or engaging film and video content, MODO 10.0v1
's artist-friendly tools let you iterate freely to realize your ideas' full creative
- Faster iterations
- With powerful modeling and sculpting tools, and an advanced photorealistic viewport and preview renderer, MODO lets you iterate faster
for better concept and production models, look development, and interactive design reviews.
- Out-of-the-box value
- MODO 10.0v1 offers modeling, sculpting, painting, effects and animation tools in one cohesive, easy-to-use content creation package, with
unlimited network rendering capabilities and MeshFusion Boolean tools included.
- Consistency guaranteed
- With consistent workflows, modular tool assembly and an intuitive UI, MODO 10.0v1 lets you apply the knowledge you gain in your first days of
exploration to fulfilling the most complex, sophisticated tasks down the road.
- Seamless pipeline integration
- MODO 10.0v1 fits right into your pipeline, with Python and C++ APIs; a Python TD SDK; a fully customizable UI; and support for industry-
formats like OpenSubdiv, OpenColorIO, OpenEXR, OpenVDB and Alembic.
New in MODO 10.0v1
The first installment of the MODO 10 Series, MODO 10.0v1
offers significantly enhanced workflows for creating real-time content for games, or for other
immersive interactive experiences like virtual reality. With it, you can:
- Author in MODO and be confident that your assets will look virtually the same in Unity or Unreal Engine
- Easily get realistic detail into your real-time assets with a streamlined, repeatable texture baking workflow
- Export to popular engines with simple, automated steps that minimize the need to recreate work
- Enhanced control of normals
- Now you can explicitly manipulate vertex normals to control shading smoothness on low-polygon assets, with a series of tools that let you
select individual edges to be smoothed or unsmoothed, constructing a vertex normal map on the mesh. What's more, in addition to generating tangent
basis data suitable for use with normal maps in Unreal, we've added the ability to create data suitable for use in both Unity and Source.
- Streamlined export to games engines
- Now you can transfer assets between MODO and Unity or Unreal Editor 4 with shading information intact, eliminating the need to recreate
shading work in the games engine editor. What's more, exporting to games engines is now single-step operation, thanks to a new preset mechanism with
ready-made presets for Unreal and Unity, and the ability to create custom presets to target additional engines. In addition meshes are now
automatically triangulated on FBX export-matching MODO's internal triangulation for GL rendering and ensuring a visual match-and there's now
direct support for a range of common DDS image formats.
- Real-time content creation workflows
- MODO 10 offers workflows specifically targeted at artists creating content for real-time applications. The Games Tools layout is centered
around the everyday tasks of vertex normal editing, texture baking and exporting to game engines, while still providing quick access to modeling
tools. In addition, you can now navigate through your MODO scene as you would a video game level, with a new FPS (First Person Shooter) mode that
uses the mouse to look around, and the keyboard to move-enabling you to evaluate your scene as a player would see it.
- WYSIWYG look-development workflows
- MODO 10 delivers a WYSIWYG look-development experience for games authoring that lets you work in the context of your final delivery
platform. Now you can develop and view looks for game art that correspond to lighting and surface details in real-time game engines, with two new
physically based material types which closely match the materials in Unreal Engine and Unity; several enhancements to the advanced photorealistic
viewport, including support for viewing and exporting the Unity and Unreal-compatible PBR materials; and the ability to work with the Unreal Editor 4
and Unity 5 base shaders directly in MODO.
- FBX enhancements
- Delivering better compatibility for real-time engines, a new FBX 2015 plug-in offers support for the widely-used FBX 2014 format; the
ability to export UV sets alphabetically; and automatic application of default (linear) color correction to vector maps in all loaded clips including
FBX and other non-LXO formats. What's more, animation from FBX files can now be imported and merged onto items in the scene, or applied to actors as
actions, while instances and replicators can now be exported to FBX.
- Efficient baking
- MODO 10.0v1's baking workflow is now more automated and streamlined. New Bake Items let you store bake-related parameters for reuse, so you can
initiate a bake process with different input data, but using exactly the same bake settings as previously. What's more, when preview and RayGL
baking, you can now take settings from a Bake Item, so you can tweak settings and see the results before executing the final operation. To make
baking even easier, a new Bake Wizard streamlines the setup of Bake Items and baking, and offers customizable output presets.
- Enhanced UV and UDIM workflows
- A new wizard makes creating UDIM image sets a breeze; UDIM textures can now also be baked like any other texture. In addition, you can
now export UVs to the widely-supported XML-based SVG vector graphics format; the feature includes the ability to export a selected of range of
either spread out or in separate layers. Additionally, the Advanced GL viewport can now display multiple UDIM tiles, further improving parity with
MODO 10.0v1's renderer.
- Everyday tools made better
- MODO 10 continues to improve the tools you use everyday-from modeling, to texturing, to painting, to dynamics, to color selection. For
example, the vertex map painting toolset now offers a choice of blend modes, as well as the ability to mask vertex colors by color channel and by
polygon selection, and a new option to view each channel in isolation. What's more, you can now keep your meshes closer in size to the original when
using the Smooth Tool, thanks to a new Volume Preservation option.
- Incorporating traditional animation techniques applied in innovative ways, MODO 10.0v1's animation framework is highly customizable to meet the most
demanding of production challenges.
Animating in MODO 10.0v1 comes naturally as the modeling and animation tools work hand in hand. The same tools used in modeling are directly leveraged in the
animation system. As you create in MODO 10.0v1, time is just another dimension for you to draw upon. Use MODO 10.0v1 to create precise mechanical animations or fully
articulated skinned characters.
- With MODO 10.0v1's flexible and efficient preset system, you can save selected parts of processes or content for reuse elsewhere, or for sharing useful
techniques or approved assets with other team members.
- MODO 10.0v1's production-proven renderer offers a rare blend of speed and quality to create stunning, photorealistic imagery that challenges the
industry's best. Unlimited network rendering is included.
MODO 10.0v1 is equipped with one of the world's great renderers for creating gorgeous images and animations – and for baking out everything from
HDRI files to textures for game engines. The renderer is provided as both a final render engine and as an optimized
progressive refinement system that updates nearly instantly as you model, paint or change any item property within MODO 10.0v1. The renderer is an over-
achiever that offers that rare blend of speed and quality, and includes UNLIMITED network rendering on Mac, Windows and Linux platforms.
Why MODO 10.0v1?
- MODO 10.0v1 makes creative exploration possible with fast and intuitive polygon modeling and sculpting tools that allow you more time to explore
visualize new ideas
- Offers out-of-the-box value with highly-integrated modeling, painting, sculpting, effects, animation and unlimited network rendering
- Ensures consistency with a philosophy of tool re-use, easy-to-learn workflows and a fully customizable UI that is unmatched in any other
- Integrates seamlessly into existing pipelines with built-in Python scripting and versatile SDK
- Get instant results for interactive design reviews with the use of the photorealistic preview render.
This Product is Also Known As
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought