SKU 2257Poser 10
DVD Edition$119Best Web Price
Available in USA only
Easily create 3D Character Art and Animation.
Integrate animated 3D characters and gigabytes of Poser 10 DVD Edition
content with the tools in your production pipeline. Poser 10 DVD Edition
saves time and resources for professional artists and production teams with ready-to-go, pre-rigged characters and a content library full of assets. Working inside Poser 10 DVD Edition
generates dynamic images and video with its advanced lighting and powerful rendering technology.
- Real-time OpenGL Scene Preview
- Accurate, real-time previews of Spot, Point, Infinite and IBL (Image Based Lights) Lights, Soft Shadows, with Ambient Occlusion, Normal Maps and Back Facing Polygons in a Gamma Corrected scene. The Light Properties control allows the user to toggle specific lights to preview in the scene, with accumulated brightness for each selected light. MIP Map support improves performance when previewing large textures. Poser 10 DVD Edition OpenGL hardware improvements preview textures more efficiently, with reliable onscreen display of lights, shadows, and color, for smarter interactive scene creation.
- SubSurface Scattering
- Skin, wax, and marble are just some of the materials that are translucent when struck by light. To recreate this subtle yet crucial effect when rendering these materials, Poser 10 DVD Edition features a set of easy to configure SubSurface Scattering Material Nodes. New Nodes include SubSurface Skin, Fast Scatter, and basic Scatter. The Scatter Node includes a number of optimized pre-sets for Skin, Marble, Milk, Fruit and Vegetables.
- Rendering Performance Improvements
- Poser 10 DVD Edition's FireFly Rendering Engine keeps getting better with numerous improvements in reflections, transparencies, depth of field and motion blur quality, netting visibly smoother results without significantly impacting render times. Indirect Lighting (IDL) now supports Ambient Occlusion (AO) with faster transparency rendering. Light Casting Objects can be invisible in final renderings yet still contribute illumination to the scene. In addition to the new SubSurface Scattering Nodes, Poser 10 DVD Edition has a new Custom Scatter Node to support effects such as bioluminescent skin.
- Weight Map Rigging
- High-end professional 3D applications like 3ds Max and Maya have set the standard for Weight Map Rigging, and now both Poser and Poser Pro provide the most open vertex Weight Mapping support available to Poser 10 DVD Edition users today. Weight Map Rigging offers several benefits including smoother bending folds and bulges with vertex by vertex control over every bend or bulge. Weight Maps can be added to any joint bend, to twist and scaling channels and can be used to control bulges. Plus Poser 10 DVD Edition takes the standard of Weight Map Rigging several steps further with support for Hybrid Joint Rigging (combining traditional Poser Sphere/Capsule Zones with Weight Maps), using either single mesh geometry or traditionally grouped geometry, and enables Weight Maps or zones to affect any number of body parts beyond the current joint. The new Weight Map Rigging provides a platform that will support third party figures that use Weight Mapping, by expanding the open, well documented and easily editable Poser PZ3 file format, to encourage creativity and user driven enhancements to Poser 10 DVD Edition figures.
- Expanded Context Menus
- The expanded Context Menus will vastly improve interaction and scene creation. Six unique Context Menus have been developed for Figures, Actors, Objects, Lights, Cameras and Backgrounds to provide quick access to the most useful menu operations including selecting, toggling IK on/off, copying symmetry in poses, pointing lights, conforming clothing, setting parenting, changing light types, and even hiding/revealing all items in a Grouping Object.
- Grouping Objects
- If you need a way to move, scale or hide a bunch of objects in a Poser scene at the same time, simply add any number of scene elements, from figures and props to lights, into a Grouping Object. Objects can be moved, rotated, scaled and animated or even hidden and revealed. Create multiple Grouping Objects to hold different areas of a scene, or related props and figures. Adding selected scene elements into any Grouping Object is easy using the powerful new Context Menu controls.
- Multi-select drag and drop from Library
- Drag and Drop support in Poser 10 DVD Edition's Library makes it easy to apply materials, or conform clothing, or drop a pose right onto a figure. With the Library's new Multi-select feature, you'll be able to select several items of clothing and drag them right onto a figure and auto-conform them in one step. And it gets even better when working with multiple categories of items in your Favorites; Multi-select a hairstyle, several clothing items and a pose all at once, then click and drag them right onto your target figure. Poser 10 DVD Edition will automatically apply the items.
- Morph Tool Tablet Support
- Integrated Wacom pressure sensitive tablet support into the Morph Tool allows you much finer control when creating morphs. Vary brush strength with pressure for any brush size you've set.
- Constraint Channels and Constraint Objects
- Constraint Channels and Objects enable animating a ball being throw or caught. Basically, the Constraint is an animatable handle for an object that will allow you to parent it to a figure's hand as it winds up for the throw, and then have the object leave the hand and fly through the air as if it's being thrown.
- Light Casting Objects
- Indirect Lighting (IDL) enables objects with high ambient values to cast light with a huge array of lighting effects. Now you can toggle off visibility in rendering for objects, yet still enable them to cast light. This will allow the creation of light domes, environment domes and large area lights to cast ambient light without being rendered in the scene. Combined with our new Poser Scene Library category, this feature will be a great way to deliver a fully lit IDL environment.
- Over 5GB of Poser Content
- Includes a complete collection of well organized, easy to find content supplied by talented third party content artists as well content created by the Smith Micro team of 3D artists. Fully articulated human skeletons that match the male and female figures body topology are included along with artist manikins, animals, dinosaurs and a dragon, robots, vehicles, toy and cartoon characters; over 140 ready to pose figures total. Various new poses, animations, light sets, props, and accessories to help new users get started are included in the Poser 10 DVD Edition content installers.
- Dependent Parameters
- The Dependent Parameter tool lets the artist create new Master Parameters or turn any existing Parameter into a Master Parameter that can drive any other editable parameters in the scene. Complex interactions can be created such as Full Body Morphs, Partial Body Morphs, Advanced Body Controls, Joint Controlled Morph Targets, Joint Controlled Deformers and Parameter Controlled Scene Assets. When a Master Parameter has been created, its Dependent Parameters can be edited or added to, and all Dependent Parameters are displayed with both their Natural Value and their Master Parm Driven Value. A mouse click on either a Dependent or Master Parameter Options will reveal the Master or allow Dependent Parameter editing.
- Content Management System / Library
- Easy access to your collection of content, the Library presents content by category, but with a tighter list view with expanding previews and additional data for each content item. The list is persistent by category, and can be scrolled through with cursor keys for convenience. Content items can be loaded into the scene using the traditional Poser UI controls or can be dragged directly from the Library into the scene. To make it easier to find items in your library and online, the Poser Library supports keyword search. Simply type in a keyword to find exactly what you looking for.
- Indirect Lighting
- Poser 10 DVD Edition offers indirect diffuse illumination by combining improved irradiance caching with path tracing, producing rendered images with Global Illumination qualities. By bouncing light and color from object to adjacent object in a scene, Poser's Global Illumination system can render images that appear so realistic they can fool the untrained eye into thinking the images are photos rather than 3D renderings.
- Physically correct light falloff
- For Spot and Point lights, Poser 10 DVD Edition lets users attenuate fall off to more closely reproduce real-world light behaviors. Constant falloff replicates the legacy behavior, and Inverse Linear and Inverse Square add two new methods for getting light to appear more realistic.
- Full Scene Category in Library
- In the past, if you wanted to re-use a scene with that perfect environment settings, lights, cameras, props and dependencies and even render settings, you had to build it, save it, then find and import it. With the new Scene Category in the Library you simply add that full Poser 10 DVD Edition scene with lights, cameras, all props and figures in place, and with all dependencies right into the Library. From there your new scenes can be dragged directly from the Library into the Poser 10 DVD Edition workspace. For Poser 10 DVD Edition content developers this new feature will enable you to deliver fully constructed scenes with dependencies and optimal render settings that require less user support and are far easier to use.
- Frame Object Camera
- Frame Object Camera helps keeping your camera focused on an area that you're working on using Poser's original camera controls. With the click of a button, your current camera will zoom in on the selected object, allowing you take a closer look exactly where you're working. This will make it easier to navigate in and out of your deep scenes and help you save time when creating them.
- Rotate Object Mode
- A companion feature to the new Frame Object Camera, Poser 10 DVD Edition also includes a new Rotate Object mode. Simply toggle on the Rotate Object mode and your current camera will rotate around the center point of the currently selected object. This makes it even to focus on a selected element, and view it from every direction by spinning Camera trackball.
- Pre-render Texture Caching
- Faster pre-render texture handling with two new methods that will save time the first time you press that Render Now button. Poser 10 DVD Edition now preloads all scene textures in the background when your system is idle, in prep for that first render, and can cache those textures session to session if you desire.
- Python 2.7 Support
- Smith Micro now provide Python 2.7 support to take full advantage of improvements to the scripting language.
- New User Interface
- The clean and easy to master user interface presents all the tools you'll need in a concise layout that takes full advantage of various screen resolutions. The interface layout provides a clean work environment so artists can focus on the project. All controls are contained in floating palettes that can be docked for consistency, session to session, or floated to free up space.
- Cross Body Part Morph Creation
- In Morphing Tool now users can dial in a Morph Brush and paint morphs across body parts. Save that set of individual body part morphs as a single Full Body Morph channel in the figure's Parameters. Easily create effects such as muscle bulges, scales, bumps, horns, veins or wounds and more.
- Normal Mapping
- Normal Mapping is a resource-efficient technique to add the appearance of complexity and surface detail to 3D objects. It can transform object surfaces, making them appear more intricate than they actually are, without the added overhead of polygonal detail. This saves designers valuable time and offers increased creative flexibility by allowing faster and more light-weight computation of rendered results.
- Wardrobe Wizard
- Third Party Licensed feature
- Permits existing clothing items to be re-fit onto Poser 10 DVD Edition
- Adds value by re-using existing clothing assets a user has invested in.
- Gamma Correction/Linear Rendering
- With Gamma Correction specify gamma values and apply those values to textures, or choose gamma values that will be applied to exported images. This allows you to perform linear rendering for increased luminance accuracy. Gamma Correction gives you the confidence that what you see is what you'll get because input and output data will comply with your selected gamma values. Gamma Correction on the Texture Manager allows you to specify gamma values per texture, giving you the ability to exclude certain textures from scene-wide gamma correction for maximum flexibility when dealing with displacement or normal maps.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Bunkspeed Versions
| ||Poser||Poser Pro|
|Standard Features||Poser||Poser Pro|
|Material Room for advanced material editing||Yes||Yes|
|Cloth Room for creating dynamic clothing props||Yes||Yes|
|Face Room for creating custom faces on supported figures||Yes||Yes|
|Hair Room for creating dynamic hair or fur||Yes||Yes|
|Setup Room for the creation and rigging of new figures||Yes||Yes|
|Wardrobe Wizard to fit existing clothes items onto new figures||Yes||Yes|
|5GB of Included Content, including 9 new human and cartoon characters||Yes||Yes|
|3GB of Included Content, including Poser 8 family characters||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple Sphere and Capsule Zone Rigging system||Yes||Yes|
|Weight Map Rig Support||Yes||Yes|
|SubSurface Scattering Materials||Yes||Yes|
|Invisible Light Casting Objects||Yes||Yes|
|Indirect Lighting with Ambient Occlusion Rendering Support||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited number of Point Lights, Spot Lights, Infinite Lights and Diffuse Image Based Lights||Yes||Yes|
|Keyframe Animation System, Layers and Groups, Constraint Channels and Objects||Yes||Yes|
|Walk Designer to auto-generate walk and run cycles||Yes||Yes|
|Talk Designer to auto-generate talking facial animation||Yes||Yes|
|Gamma Correction in both Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014||Yes||Yes|
|Live Simulation Mode for Physics||Yes||Yes|
|Soft Body Dynamics||Yes||Yes|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||Yes||Yes|
|Pixar Subdivision Surfaces with user defined levels for figures, actors and props||Yes||Yes|
|Comic Book Preview Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Interactive Raytrace Preview||Yes||Yes|
|Magnet and Deformers with weight maps and painting tools||Yes||Yes|
|Morph Brushes with Tighten, Loosen and Sag to fit your figure and fix poke-through||Yes||Yes|
|Copy and Paste Mirrored||Yes||Yes|
|Symmetry Operations on Weight Maps||Yes||Yes|
|Improved Grouping Tool Selection and Mirroring Tools||Yes||Yes|
|Raytrace Rendering Speed Improvements||Yes||Yes|
|OpenGL Preview Speed Optimizations||Yes||Yes|
|Fitting Room to custom fit existing clothing to any figure and create new Conforming Clothing||No||Yes|
|Copy Morphs from Figure to Figure||No||Yes|
|Display and Re-arrange Hidden Parameter Channels||No||Yes|
|Full Body Morph import and delete||No||Yes|
|Full Suite of Weight Map Creation Tools||No||Yes|
|Weight Map Auto Transfer and Weight Map Painting with pressure sensitive tablet support||No||Yes|
|64 bit Rendering Macintosh and Windows||No||Yes|
|Full COLLADA export/import & HDRI export/import||No||Yes|
|64-bit fully native application Macintosh and Windows||No||Yes|
|FireFly rendering engine, Queue Manager, Network Render Queue||No||Yes|
|PSD layer rendering, Background Rendering||No||Yes|
|Poser||Poser Pro||New ReleasesPromotionsPulseWebinarsBlog|