Fast and easy to use, RealFlow 2015 Floating License
is the definitive tool for creating straight out of the box flawless large and small-scale fluid and dynamics simulations, from floods or oceans with breaking waves to tiny splashes and turbulent surfaces.
RealFlow 2015 Floating License
is compatible with all major 3D platforms: LightWave 11.6
, CINEMA 4D Studio R15
, 3ds Max 2015
, Maya 2015
, Softimage and Houdini.
The RealFlow Pipeline
- 1. RealFlow
- The fluid simulation is setup in RealFlow 2015 Floating License.
- 2. RealFlow Nodes
- To save time, different iterations of the same scene, or secondary Hybrido elements, can be sent to calculate on your farm.
- 3. 3D Platform - FREE
- Once complete, the simulation is exported (via free connectivity plugins) to the 3D platform.
- 4. The RealFlow RenderKit - now FREE!
- The RenderKit (installed on each of your render machines) will help speed the process by allowing you to mesh your particles at render time. This reduces storage and bypasses 3D platform restrictions.
New in this Version
- Hybrido Viscosity
- A viscosity model for RealFlow's Hybrido has been requested by many users and now our large-scale solver comes with a state-of-the-art implementation of this feature. The HyViscosity solver supports static and time-variable viscosity, and – with the help of RealFlow's Graphs system – even space-variable viscosity. The latter method is used to create zones of variable viscosity to achieve melting effects. With viscosity you will be able to simulate everything from water to heavy, highly viscous tar or sticky mud. An additional density parameter will help you to make complete material definitions.
- Hybrido Improvements
- In RealFlow 2015 Floating License you will find an improved collision detection for interactions between Hybrido fluids and objects. The interplay is much more accurate and yields better results. We have also succeeded in removing some limitations, for example the possibility of filling glass- or vase-like objects with particles from outside these objects.
Another enhancement concerns Hybrido's secondary elements, mainly splashes. You will need less test cycles to get satisfying results, HySPH simulations are easier to control, and have a more fluid-like behaviour. Finally, simulations with the domain's sparse mode have been accelerated by at least 1.5 times.
- HySPH Bubbles Emitter
- With this new emitter it is possible to create rising bubbles from objects interacting with a Hybrido fluid. Bubbles add more realism to your simulations. They occur when an object is diving into a fluid, interacts with its surface (e.g. with propellors), or is moved under water. The bubbles will rise and move to the surface. There, they can turn into foam and float on the surface, or they will be destroyed.
- New HySPH Fluid Type
- All splash-based secondary emitters provide a new fluid type: this new option is called “Liquid – Hybrido”. When this type is enabled the particles are no longer governed by the HySPH solver, but our HyFLIP method. The result is a significantly improved behaviour, a more fluid-like appearance, and decreased simulation times due to the HyFLIP solver's larger time steps.
- Experienced users will certainly notice a few eye-catching differences in comparison to RealFlow 2013: tabs with access to RealFlow's nodes and commands, and completely overhauled, stylish icons.
The tabs are called “RealFlow Shelves” and with them you will be able to customize RealFlow's layout to suit your needs, create groups of commands, scripts, plugins, or graphs – even network drives can be hooked to the layout. External resources will now act as if they are built-in commands. A comprehensive, but easy-to-use, tool which provides functions to manage the shelves and their contents. You will also find a shortcut manager, where you can define your own key combinations for RealFlow's commands and nodes. It also possible to define multiple shortcuts for one and the same command. The shelves are freely configurable and you can change their order with drag-and-drop actions. The elements of RealFlow's “Shelves” are
- Shelves Manager
- Commands Manager
- Shortcut Manager
- The new version of RealFlow provides a completely revised “Sheeter” daemon. With thin fluid layers in particular, you will see huge improvements. The hole-filling process is easier to control, creates more particles, and there are additional options to create tendrils. Finally, you will get much better, and more accurate, results with fluids colliding with objects.
We have added a new daemon, called “Ocean Force”. This daemon is a conversion of the “surface_force_field” graph from RealFlow's demo scenes. The purpose of this graph was to translate the motion of an ocean statistical spectrum into a force field to displace a Hybrido fluid surface. The result was an ocean with turbulent surface waves. The graph's functionality is now packed into a daemon with a user-friendly interface. RealFlow's “Ocean Force” daemon does not only affect Hybrido fluids, but also particle-based SPH fluids, as well as rigid and soft bodies. Now, it is also possible to visualize a daemon's force field. With this feature you have better control over a daemon's behaviour and the way forces are distributed in space and where they finally act.
- Bounded Meshing and Extensions
- The first improvement is related to the “Hybrido Mesh” engine. Now you have the possibility of creating large ocean surfaces with just a few clicks. The new “Boundaries” panel provides several parameters and options to extend the core fluid mesh and add an arbitrary number of tiles. You will also find settings to blend the Hybrido core fluid mesh with the additional tiles to get a smooth transition. Another improvement concerns both the “Particle Mesh” and “Hybrido Mesh” engines: it is possible to mesh within a certain region. This option comes in very handy when you have to deal with very large meshes consisting of several millions of polygons. You do not have to (re)create the entire mesh anymore if you only want to see changes in a specific area or region.
- Interactive Meshing
- All options and features are now applied automatically. This means that you do not have to rebuild a mesh manually when you change a parameter. The result will be displayed in the viewport and you have immediate feedback. Since these live changes are temporary, it is still necessary to build a mesh in order to apply the settings to the mesh's geometry and save them. Only then it is possible to create the entire mesh sequence with the new values.
- Alternative Export Paths
- In previous versions of RealFlow all cache data was written to the project's directory. With very large simulations the problem sometimes was that the target drive ran out of space. In such a situation, RealFlow continued to simulate, but did not write any more files and wasted lots of energy. This is a thing of the past, because with RealFlow 2015 Floating License you can define alternative paths where the simulation data will be stored when a drive is full. A small manager helps you to determine which drives, network locations or folders should be used for that purpose.
- Maxwell 3
- RealFlow's implementation of the Maxwell Render engine has also experienced a review and now you have access to the latest version of Next Limit's physical renderer. Improvements do not only affect voxelization and render time, but also the possibility of saving different channels as separate files. These channels are: Alpha masks, motion vectors, and normals.
Please bear in mind that volumetrics are currently not supported.
- New License Manager
- The days of RealFlow's old License Manager are over and now there is one centralised tool for managing all Next Limit product licenses – the RLM application. Licenses for RealFlow GUI and Node versions are stored under one interface. There is no more need to install your licenses with cumbersome command lines tools. The RLM is launched on startup as a permanent application with a comprehensive web interface. The licensing process itself is just a matter of a few drag-and-drop actions and finished within a minute for floating licenses.
- For large-scale simulations, such as floods or oceans with breaking waves, RealFlow 2015 Floating License's cutting-edge hybrid grid/particle solver, Hybrido, provides you with endless possibilities. RealFlow 2015 Floating License calculates the conditions for splash, foam and mist formation, and automatically creates these particles. These secondary particles can even be simulated as a post process in a network using RealFlow Computational. With this advanced feature you are able to generate millions of particles, utilizing the full CPU power of your renderfarm or network machines.
- RealFlow 2015 Floating License's SPH (Smoothed-particle hydrodynamics) solver is ideally suited for highly-detailed fluid simulations with tiny splashes and turbulent surfaces. Particles are generated by emitters and their total amount represents the fluid. Each particle can be seen as a point in 3D space with certain properties, like velocity, position or mass.
- RealWave is a powerful simulation toolset for small to medium ocean surfaces. It is ideal if you want to simulate a surface ocean quickly and effectively. The idea behind RealWave is the displacement of a mesh’s vertices to achieve certain wave forms and structures.
- The latest version of RealFlow 2015 Floating License gives you an unprecedented level of realism, with the power to control and customize every aspect of your scene to get exactly what you want.
- Ease of Use
- RealFlow 2015 Floating License is quick and easy to incorporate into your workflow. An inbuilt help system takes you step-by-step through scene setup to completion. And of course, Next Limit's rapid, personalized technical support and access to the official RealFlow 2015 Floating License forum means you never need to wait for an answer.
- The Complete Package
- RealFlow 2015 Floating License isn't just a fluid simulation tool – it also includes the ground-breaking Caronte, an accurate, reliable dynamics solver that can handle thousands of objects. With every standard license, you get a free RealFlow RenderKit, which greatly facilitates and accelerates the rendering process. RealFlow 2015 Floating License also comes with free plug-ins to all major 3D platforms, as well as a wealth of free resources, tutorials, and a year of free technical support and maintenance.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Maxwell Render Versions
|Features||For Sketchup||Render Suite|
|SketchUp Free + Pro compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Image Full HD (1920x1080)||Yes||Yes|
|Image Resolution Unrestricted||No||Yes|
|Draft + Production Engine||Yes||Yes|
|Realtime preview engine (FIRE)||No||Yes|
|Use MXM material||Yes||Yes|
|Create/Edit MXM material||No||Yes|
|Run on Windows||Yes||Yes|
|Run on Mac||Yes||Yes|
|Run on Linux||No||Yes|
|8-bit per channel RGB Output||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Formats and Channels Output||No||Yes|
|Renders independently of SketchUp||No||Yes|
|HDR / MXI Environment System||Yes||Yes|
|C++ Exporter w/ SketchUp Pro||Yes||Yes|
|Create MXS files w/ SketchUp Pro||Yes||Yes|
|For Sketchup||Render Suite||PulseWebinarsBlog|