V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max
USB dongle included
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and designers, V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included
is a comprehensive physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering toolkit with seamless integration into Autodesk 3ds Max
V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included
is a complete lighting and shading solution that can be flawlessly integrated in every 3D Artist’s and designer workflow. The flagship rendering software has set the standard for speed, reliability, ease of use and render quality. V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included
’s incredible stability, flexibility and rich set of features provides visualization specialists with exceptional rendering capabilities.
New in this version
- VR Cameras
- The two new VR camera types will render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images. This allows artists and designers to output V-Ray scenes to popular VR formats like Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
- V-Ray RT GPU Improvements
- Among the new features and speed improvements is QMC sampling. Licensed from NVIDIA, QMC sampling provides overall speed improvements and resolves noise quicker when using CUDA. Additionally, V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included now supports:
- Anisotropic highlights
- Composite map
- Output curves
- Texture baking
- UDIM support (MARI)
- Volume rendering
- New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows users to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX.
- Distributed rendering
- Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
- Global Illumination
- Refined Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
- New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
- Faster rendering of hair and fur
- Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair and Fur and V-Ray Fur
- 3ds Max 2016
- Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
- Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
- V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera
- Efficient shading system optimized for ray-tracing -
specially optimized shaders to improve render speeds
- Support for efficient material layering - quickly render
complex materials using the VRayBlend material
- Fast sub-surface scattering shader - VRayFastSSS2
material uses a pre-pass to create fast and accurate
subsurface scattering effects with support for both single
and multiple scattering
- VRayCarPaintMtl - create stunning car paint shaders
complete with base, flake and coat layers. Full mapping
support allows for amazing flexibility and a wide range
- VRayDistanceTex texture - use this procedurally generated
texture to create a wide range of effects based on the distance
between objects in the scene. The map is computed analytically
without ray-tracing and can be used to drive other render time
effects like VRayFur and displacement mapping
- VRayMultiSubTex - use this V-Ray specific texture to assign
different textures based on object ID
- Dispersion - the new and improved V-Ray material comes with
a complete support for light dispersion. This simple yet powerful
feature allows you to create stunning close ups of refractive
objects with caustics that dazzle the eye
- Physically accurate full global illumination solutions -
create accurate GI solutions using a combination of the
provided global illumination methods
- Physically accurate lights - create realistic illumination
using physically-based lights, including IES lights and true area
lights with support for texture mapping
- Directionality parameter for rectangle V-Ray lights -
turn the V-Ray rectangle light into a textured directional light
with the new directionality parameter
- Efficient illumination from HDR environments -
create accurate IBL solutions with sharp shadows at a fraction
of the usual render times
- VRayLightLister - quickly set up and adjust complex lighting
with the help of the new V-Ray Specific Light Lister
- Render Output
- Support for additional render elements - have full control
in compositing by separating the render into render elements
- VRayLightSelect Render Element - become a master
of lighting with the new VRayLightSelect feature and extract
the contribution of each light to the scene or compose all the
lights back together and change their intensity in real time in
any compositing software
- Ultimate resolution of any issues caused by Distributed
Rendering - the new VRayDRBucket render element enables
you to identify which render slave rendered each bucket in the
- VRayExposureControl plug-in - proper exposure of regular
viewport and camera views, including orthographic views
- VRayLensEffect render effect - simulate the inherent
imperfections of real world cameras by adding a full range
of bloom and glare effects complete with light dispersion and
- VRayLensAnalysis Tool - quickly create realistic (measured)
distortion patterns for your V-Ray Physical Cameras. With the
help of the VRayLensAnalysis tool you can easily match the
distortion of your real world and your virtual cameras
- Depth of field with bokeh effects - create fast and
accurate physically based depth of field effects using the
- Accurate motion blur - efficient and accurate physically
based true 3D motion blur effects using
- Stereoscopic setup - use the VRayStereoRig helper to
quickly set up stereoscopic images and animations. In
addition, the built in support for shade maps allows for much
faster rendering of depth of field and motion blur effects with
or without stereoscopy
- Bidirectional Path Tracing (BPT) - create accurate,
unbiased light solutions with caustics that are so sharp that
they are dangerous to view
- Dynamic loading of tiled OpenEXR - load tiled OpenEXRs
on the fly with the help of the new and improved VRayHDRI
- On-demand geometry loading from the disk -
use VRayProxy to render millions of polygons at maximum
memory efficiency by storing the geometry on the hard drive
- Displacement mapping - precisely control the displacement
on a per object basis with the VRayDisplacement modifier
- Three different image sampling methods -
fast anti-aliasing engines to fit any case and requirements
New in release 3.0
- Simplified User Interface - V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included introduces a simplified User Interface and includes 3 modes: Basic, Advanced, and Expert. Modes can be toggled at any time to reveal additional controls. The default, Basic mode is designed to meet the needs of most artists’ daily production work.
- New Skin Shader - A dedicated, intuitive Skin shader with layered specular highlights will make it easier than ever for artists to create complex, layered skin.
- Probabilistic Lights - Increases the speed of scenes with a high number of lights. Probabilistic Light Sampling reduces the number of lights evaluated at render time.
- Progressive Rendering - The new Progressive Production Renderer is built on the same path tracing technology as V-Ray RT and it is a simple, intuitive solution for any scene. The Progressive Renderer is compatible with all V-Ray production features, including Irradiance, Light Cache, SSS, Render Elements, etc.
- Faster Ray Tracing - V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included introduces a significantly optimized ray tracing core to speed up calculations for Brute Force GI, Progressive Path Tracing, Reflections, Refractions, and more. Depending on scene complexity, users are reporting speed increases up to 5X.
- Quick Settings - Quick Settings provide artists with production-ready presets and simple rendering quality controls all within a single compact interface.
- Advanced V-Ray Frame Buffer - Consistent color output is essential to artists’ workflows. V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included has been expanded to utilize a variety of color definitions including LUTs (.cube), ICC Profiles (.icc), and OpenColorIO (.ocio). By default V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max USB dongle included is set up for linear workflow, making it easier to ensure reliable, accurate colors.
- Render Mask - Render Mask uses an object selection, include/ exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- Faster Hair - Chaos Group introduces faster hair rendering speeds (up to 15x) and view-dependent tessellation that automatically smoothes hair curves.
- Ray Traced SSS - Improved Subsurface Scattering is offered, including options for object-based and ray traced illumination.
- Max Ray Intensity - Max Ray Intensity clamps secondary rays to remove noise generated by very bright sources. This removes artifacts while retaining dynamic range.
- VRmats - VRmats (formerly Vismats) are universal V-Ray Shaders for use across multiple applications. For example a VRmat material may be created in Chaos Group and transferred directly to V-Ray for Maya.
In order to work properly, your copy of V-Ray 3.2 for 3ds Max — USB dongle included
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Rendering for 3ds Max
Similar Products You Might Consider
260 Kearny Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94108
866-362-8970 — firstname.lastname@example.org
All product names are registered trademarks of their respective owners.