Re-defining simplicity.SharpCam CAD/CAM
is an easy to use, intuitive and affordable 2.5D CAM
system for the programming of CNC
- User Interface
- SharpCam CAD/CAM uses Microsoft DirectX technology for high performance, hardware accelerated graphics and flicker free operation. The use of
DirectX enables dynamic view changes, like panning, zooming and rotation, all with the middle mouse button. Hundreds of thousands of objects can
be displayed with no noticeable drop in performance. This, combined with some of the fastest toolpath creation routines available, allows for
instant updating and viewing of the results of an action.
- Solid Verification
- Advanced Polygon Model based integrated toolpath verification, included as standard, boasts features typically only found on high end
- Advanced Pocketing
- Our pocketing is amongst the most advanced and fastest of any CAD CAM system, and was developed following the criteria of minimum
number of plunges to depth, pocketing speed, minimum toolpath length.
- Whenever a point value is required for a command, typically when drawing, snapping is used to automatically acquire these points from
- Always There NC Code
- NC code is created instantly as you work, and is automatically created whenever a change is made to a toolpath.
- Fully Associative
- SharpCam CAD/CAM is fully associative. Every action taken will always regenerate the toolpaths immediately and automatically when needed.
Moreover, orphaned toolpaths are never allowed.
- Machine Developer
- The Machine Developer is used to create Machine Definitions (post processors). At the heart of this feature rich development
environment is Microsoft Visual Basic .NET programming language with unbelievable performance, power and flexibility.
- Machine Definition Configuration
- This technology allows Machine Definitions (post processors) to be simply configured specifically for a machine control. This is
basically an interface that displays properties specific to a machine control. By changing a property, the Machine Definition is actually being
edited without the need to learn how to use the Machine Developer. The power of this unique technology lies in the fact that SharpCam CAD/CAM is able to make
a single Machine Definition suitable for a wide range of machines/controls. For example, SharpCam CAD/CAM only supplies one Fanuc Machine Definition that is
configurable to suit any machine in a matter of seconds. The technology that displays the configurable properties is actually contained in the
Machine Definition, so it is very transparent and is documented in the Machine Developer Help file. Machine Definitions are maintained and
versioned by SharpCam.
- Built in RS232 and NC Code Editor
- Built in RS232 communication allows instant transfer to machine control. This combined with Always there Nc Code makes for important
gains in productivity. Also included free with SharpCam CAD/CAM is an NC code editor – SharpEdit, that also has RS232
- Solid Verification Advanced Polygon Model based integrated toolpath verification.
- Pocketing Advanced pocketing with unlimited number of pockets and islands.
- Drilling Drilling, pecking, boring, reaming, tapping, rigid tapping and custom drilling cycles.
- Thread Milling Helical Entry/Exit arc and or line.
- Tool Management Create tool libraries/tool kits with the Tool Manager, edit, copy and move tools.
- CAD 2D CAD creation.
- Dimensions Smart Linear, Horizontal, Vertical, Aligned, Diameter, Radius, Angle, Coordinate and Note.
- Rearrange Operations Operation can be reordered by drag and drop.
- Entry/Exit Line and or arc entry/exit, linear and helical ramp entry.
- Transforms Move, copy, rotate, mirror and scale contours along with associated toolpaths.
- Simulation 3D tool simulation. Solid, translucent or wireframe animated tool display.
- Context Snapping End, mid, centre, quadrant, tangent, intersection, perpendicular and parallel snapping.
- Modify Contours Advanced fillet, trim, extend, split and explode.
- Text Create text outlines from fonts installed on the system (TrueType etc). Outlines can then be machined.
- Single line engraving fonts Create single line text for engraving using SharpCam type fonts.
- Sub Routines Output multiple passes using Sub Routines. i.e. M98 PNNNN for Fanuc, Labels for Heidenhain, or whatever form sub
routines take on the control. Reduces program size.
- Use defined fonts Create custom design fonts.
- Multi Document Interface Open unlimited number of Parts within one instance of SharpCam.
- Cad File Translations AutoCad - dxf and dwg, stereo lithography - stl.
- Undo/Redo Unlimited undo/redo.
- Viewing Dynamic panning, zooming and rotation with middle mouse button/wheel.
- Hidden Line Connection markers help identify hidden lines.
- Machine Developer Edit Machine Definitions (post processors) with the Machine Developer using Visual Basic.Net.
- RS232 Built in RS232 communication.
- Nc Code Editing Free Nc code editor with built in RS232 communication - SharpEdit.
- Calculator Use any combination of +-/* in an input box to calculate any value.
- Operation Suppression Suppression of any/all operations to prevent Nc code generation.
- Layers Create and manage layers.
- Cycle time Test 'what if' scenarios.
- Help Integrated F1 help, extensive training material at the Training Centre.
- Updates Automatic self-updating to the latest version during allowed period.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought