Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac
Professional level 3D modeling and animation software for creative designers on Mac OS.
Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition
's professional-level 3D modeling and animation software for Windows / PC that delivers end-to-end power for the entire 3D design workflow. Quickly bring your creative ideas to life with a simplified learning curve, tight integration with Adobe Photoshop
and award-winning rendering quality rivaling any software at any price.
- All the power in one integrated solution
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition gives you all the tools you need to complete professional 3D projects. This includes integrated modeling and scene composition so you can get to the final high quality images and animations that professional studios demand. Even though Design 3D is a stand-alone solution, it’s still connected to the other tools and resources you need so your overall workflow efficiency is maximized.
- Simplified 3D learning curve
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition eases the learning curve for 2D designers who are new to 3D. Quick start templates, libraries, predefined effects, backgrounds, environments and more allow designers to create complex scenes in minutes. With a user interface and tools that are familiar to today’s 2D designers, you invest your time learning 3D design concepts rather than a new design paradigm.
- Model anything in 3D or import existing 3D assets
- For many, the thought of 3D modeling is a daunting task. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition offers an extremely friendly modeling toolset and environment for manipulating your polygons, splines, and primitives into any 3D object or scene you can imagine. If you’re working with existing 3D assets, Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition utilizes a host of filters and options to accurately import third-party 3D models and scenes.
- Apply surface textures with precision
- In the world of 3D, texturing may just be the most important component in creating convincing final renderings. Once you have designed your 3D model, Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition gives you powerful tools to create, apply and manipulate surface textures with beautifully accurate results.
- Sophisticated Lighting, Backgrounds & Cameras
- Scene composition is a critical step in producing stunning images. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition makes it easier to control the environment than any photography studio you could imagine. Position your 3D objects and then place lights, reflection panels, cameras, backgrounds, environments, reflection elements and more to produce a superior final render or animation for your design project.
- Render photo-real images and animations at blazing speed
- Design 3D is well known for its extraordinary rendering technology. Whether you’re after photo-realistic results or some other style for your static or motion graphics, you will find the rendering options to suit your needs and output the results using one of the fastest rendering engines in the industry.
- Learn Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition online at Strata 3D University
- Learning 3D doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially with Strata’s online training library at your fingertips, covering every aspect of Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition and the entire 3D design workflow. Strata 3D University makes it simple to find the subject of interest and quickly get up to speed with short, informative videos created by professional 3D designers.
- Tightly integrated with Adobe Photoshop
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition is a favorite among creative designers, thanks to tight integration with Adobe Photoshop. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition allows you to use linked PS files as image maps, so changes made in the PS file are automatically updated in the Design 3D texture. Design 3D renders to Adobe Photoshop Layers for easy post-production work. Image maps created in Photoshop and saved (as TIFF, JPEG, PSD, etc.) can be loaded into the texture channels as image maps for creating textures.
- Drawing Features
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition makes it easy for 2D designers to get started in 3D. You can import 2D elements from applications like Adobe Illustrator or you can draw 2D and 3D objects directly in Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition.
- 2D/3D Text
- 2D Drawing Tools (rectangles, ellipsis, etc.)
- 3D Primitives (cubes, spheres, etc.)
- Spline Curves (Bezier lines/regions)
- Modeling Features
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Editionoffers an incredible array of modeling options. You can model using familiar Bezier splines, but now in 3D: traditional polys- but now with Quad Polysplines (subdivision surfaces); MetaSurfaces to meld objects together; Extrude and Lathe; Boolean to combine or subtract: Skin; Mirror and more!
- View Features
- Unlike your favorite 2D applications, Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition gives you the opportunity to examine artwork from any angle. With the power of 3D perspective comes new challenges for control. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition rises to the occasion with split-able views, connected views, multiple views, depth cueing and even special views for cameras and light sources. OpenGL gives you quick previews while LiveRay gives you photo-real previews.
- Environment Features
- Sometimes great design is about the “negative space” – the area that surrounds your 3D model. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition gives you many options and an easy to use interface to control your “environment”.
- Lighting Features
- You’ve heard of “looks good in any light” – now you’ve found the tool that gives you that elusive “any light”. Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition gives you point lights, spotlights, global sun-style lights, environment based lightdomes, High Dynamic Range Image lighting, glowing surfaces, gels – all unlimited and fully controllable.
- Special Effects Features
- Any image or animation can be spiced up with special effects like Lens Flare, Auras, Particles – and the new Script FX. Add multiple effects, place effects on any object, even animate the effects.
- Scripting Features
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition includes a Lua based scripting language. Lua is a widely used language, particularly in gaming, with companies like Blizzard (World of Warcraft), Criterion Studios (NBA Ballers, ESPN Major League Baseball), BioWare (Neverwinter Nights), UbiSoft (Far Cry), Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts), Nival Interactive (Blitzkrieg) and many more. Even new favorites, such as Adobe Lightroom, utilize Lua.
With Lua you can script shaders and textures to: access the rendering pipeline; lens scripting for the creation of custom lenses, effects and warps; Filter FX which allows you to write custom Lua scripts to apply filters based on an object’s surface normal, direction, lighting, volume, and by pixel color, depth, transparency, layer within the psd file – and much, much more. In fact, Design 3D comes with a whole series of special effect shaders created using Lua. These “Script FX” let you do things like bounce, vibrate, alter acceleration and more. Each Script FX gives access to the full Lua source code, so you can edit them if you like.
Additional features are implemented directly in Lua throughout Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition such as Match Motion and Instance Node Control. If you’re somebody who’s interested in scripting, Lua gives you the opportunity to extend Design 3D in a variety of important ways.
- Rendering Features
- The core of what makes Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition so good – and what it’s famous for – is the high quality rendering. Rendering is the process of taking the design you worked to put together and creating the final image.
- Animation Features
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition takes a simple approach to animation: Everything can be animated. And it takes a simple approach to controlling animation: keyframes, a timeline, and scripting. Even if you’ve never booted it up, you already know how to use it.
- Texturing Features
- “What if” is as simple as drag-and-drop in Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition. Select from the palette of hundreds of pre-made surface textures or make your own using features like live-linking to native Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files – make a change in Photoshop or Illustrator and Strata Design 3D CX automatically updates the model surface.
- Camera Features
- A great camera can make even the novice photographer look good. Just think of what Strata Design 3D CX 8.0 for Mac Digital Edition will do for you with all these imaging options at your finger tips. These options include four kinds of motion blur, depth of field, and six styles of cameras including panoramic.
This Product is Also Known As
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider