Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows
Create textured 3D models from any digital cameraStrata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition
lets you use a digital camera or any phone camera to capture real-world objects as fully textured 3D models. Its ideal for difficult to model objects like organic shapes, soft forms and hand made items. The included Photoshop plug-in makes model creation even easier. Foto 3D models are ideal for developing packaging, games, illustrations, online catalogs and more.
- Sophisticated Camera Support
- Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition provides automatic camera support to deal with lens distortion, focal length and image factors specific to particular camera models. Correcting these factors ensures the highest possible fidelity in model capture.
- Automated 3D Space Orientation
- A special calibration mat – which can be printed out directly from Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition – aids the software in generating 3D model data. This mat allows Foto 3D to calculate where the camera is in 3D space for each image. This orientation information then allows Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition to automatically capture features from the images to build the 3D object.
- Feature Pinning -- Allows the use of any photo set
- For projects that don’t allow for use of the calibration mat Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition now provides direct control using a pin user interface. This allows you to specify the surface area details important to a high quality capture. This new feature allows the use of photograph sets from virtually any source – including video frames, aerial photos and any large object that cannot be brought into a studio setting.
- Integrate with Adobe Photoshop for model creation
- Part of the process of generating a model from photographs involves separating the background from the object. Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition provides powerful color-key tools to automate this process. In addition to these powerful tools, Adobe Photoshop (CS 4 and 5.x) is supported directly with a plug-in, allowing you to easily use Photoshop’s features to get the job done.
- Interactive Model Adjustment
- Once the geometry is generated, Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition gives you the ability to interactively modify the surface polygon detail (“decimation”). A clipping plane is also provided, allowing you to trim the base of the model to ensure a flat base where desired.
- Import models to Photoshop or Srata 3D CX
- Models can be sent as a 3D layer to Photoshop Extended design projects, where the 3D object can be painted on, rotated, lighting adjusted, and more. Or, textured 3D models can be exported as VRML or COLLADA files for import into Design 3D or other 3D software.
In-depth feature list
- Photo Support
- Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition builds and places a UV texture on any model by using a series of photographs. Regardless of the type of camera you use, Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition will calibrate itself automatically for the best results. Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition allows you to take anywhere from 20 to 256 pictures to create your textured 3D model.
- Mat Printing
- Lens Calibration
- Up To 256 Images Per Object
- Automatic Camera Calibration
- Merge Additional Photos
- Surface Generation
- Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition generates a model that includes surface smoothing and interactive mesh decimation. For use in a 3D rendering package, such as Strata 3D CX, you’ll want the highest quality mesh possible. For real-time 3D use, you may want to reduce your mesh density for faster downloads.
- Surface Optimization
- Interactive Mesh Decimation
- Fast Wireframe Generation
- Clipping Plane
- Save & Export Features
- Once you’re finished with your project, simply export it into VRML, Collada or 3DS. Then your file can be imported into Strata 3D CX for rendering and animation, or into Strata Live 3D for real-time display on a web page or PDF document.
- Masking Features
- With a complete toolset that includes automatic mask generation, interactive threshold controls, shrink wrapping and brushes, you’re guaranteed a positive result. Once Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition creates the 3D object, you can then rotate it to any position and finalize any additional masking that may be required.
- Automated Masking
- Shrink Wrap Tool
- Interactive Threshold
- Masking Tools
- Import External Masks
- Texturing Features
- Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition creates a photo-realistic UV texture for your model. You can use Adobe Photoshop to modify the texture from any angle. Simply copy the view to Photoshop, modify the texture, and paste it back into Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows Digital Edition. All texture blending occurs automatically. Optional Photoshop plug ins require CS 4 or CS 5.x. Plug ins not compatible with CS 6.
- Automatic Texture Creation
- UV Unwrapping
- Incremental Map Generation
- Texture Map Editing
- External Texture Editing
- Large Map Resolution
- Tone Correction
In order to work properly, your copy of Strata Foto 3D CX 2 for Windows — Digital Edition requires Photoshop CS 4 or CS 5.x. Not presently compatible with CS 6..
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Similar Products You Might Consider