Power Translators for MODO
Interactive Geometry Translator Plug-ins for MODO
The Power Translators for MODO
are ideal for designers, engineers, product visualization specialists and 3D generalists who need to bring specific industry-standard CAD data formats into MODO
for visualization or design. As you import these formats, the Power Translators give you interactive control in MODO over how geometry is tessellated and provides efficient methods for accommodating incoming CAD files with many repetitive elements.
- Import these CAD formats into MODO:
- Parasolid (.x_t and .x_b)
- IGES (.igs and .iges)
- STEP (.stp and .step)
- SAT (ACIS)
- Rhino (.3dm)
Key Features and Benefits
The Power Translators for MODO, in addition to loading the specified CAD formats, also provides
control over how geometry is imported and gives you options for handling large files with repetitive
- Interactive surface tessellation
- You can opt to load in a lighter Open GL representation of your incoming CAD data, which can can then
be tessellated interactively by adjusting settings on a per-item or group basis after loading them into the
scene. Once the desired tessellation parameters are determined you can save the item to a mesh. This
ability to apply different tessellation during a session is possible because the incoming surfaces are
maintained as parametric surfaces by the IntegrityWare kernel during import.
- Optimized mesh results
- For your resulting mesh, you can choose between Convex (mixed quads and triangles) and Quad NGon
(mixed quads and ngons). Since not all CAD files are alike, you can set parameters like Distance
Tolerance, Angle, Minimum and Maximum Edge length to optimally tessellate the data coming into
MODO. This lets you import files that might have been unreadable/unusable before, and lets you quickly
arrive at the best settings for the particular dataset and use you have in mind.
- Instance handling
- Many CAD models have repetitive geometry elements. If your imported file contains instances, they can
be loaded as copies, instances or replicators in MODO. This can greatly reduce memory use and boost
- Static mesh option
- Normally, you will use the Power Translators to save to a mesh representation but an additional option
is to save it as a static mesh. Static meshes in MODO are specially constructed lightweight
representations of polygonal data which cannot be edited but can be rendered.
- Translate NURBS Not Polygons
- Power Translators are built from the ground up to solve today’s difficult problems of importing quality
CAD data into MODO. The Plug-in has been battle hardened in the most demanding productions at
some of the best 3D visualization rendering facilities in the world. The professionals spoke and we
listened and together we developed the most advanced, best integrated, highest quality MODO CAD
translator on the market today.
In order to work properly, your copy of Power Translators for MODO
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought